1. Reasons for Data CollectionFrom time to time, you may be required to provide information ("Data") to Pirect in order to use or subscribe to certain services or make online purchases. Additional site use Data may be gathered as you navigate our web sites. This Data is gathered for the following main purposes:
(a) To establish your identity - for these purposes, contact information such as, name, correspondence and e-mail addresses will be collected from you during the registration process.
(b) To post messages on the bulletin boards, submit posting to our chat areas or answer a survey - email addresses or names will be collected.
(c) To tailor our service to your needs - information on service use may be used to compile aggregate statistics and carry out analysis in order to help us create content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly to users.
(d) For marketing and promotional purposes, including contacting you directly to inform you of new services or opportunities.
Whilst Pirect endeavors to adhere to our strictest guidelines and select only reputable partners in providing the service, our privacy protection does not cover Data that you provide directly to third parties (including but not limited to buyers/sellers in online auctions, on-line merchants sites, other hyper linked website). Pirect advises you to consult with the relevant parties before providing any data.
2. Disclosure of Data Collected2.1 - You acknowledge and authorize that all Data supplied by you will be retained by Pirect and stored in one or more of our databases. Pirect will maintain full control over and safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality all Data in these databases and will NOT release to third parties except the following:
(a) Authorized employees of Pirect who have received proper training on the handling of customer information.
(b) Third party service providers in providing support services including but not limited to administrative, installation, telecommunications, computer, payment gateway, insurance, financing, and other professional services. These providers are contractually required to comply with requisite privacy standards.
(c) Any person by whom Pirect is required to make disclosure by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements.
(d) Any of Pirect's actual or proposed assignees or transferees of Pirect's rights during company's re-construction, re-organization or other similar situations.
2.2 - Data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent for marketing or promotional purposes.
3. User Preference / Opt-OutPirect provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving unsolicited communications from Pirect from time to time and/or at the time of registration. In addition, if at any point in the future you do not wish to receive any unsolicited communications from Pirect, simply contact our customer relations by email, phone or in writing and our customer relations will remove you from our contact list for the purposes of those communications. Pirect would retain your contact details for use only for customer service purposes, such as unavailability of our service for any other reason, or where you have subscribed to a particular service, updates or information in relation to that service.
4. Collection of Data using “Cookies”4.1 - Pirect may use "cookies" to collect Data on the usage of our service by users and to facilitate return visits. A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to be stored on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. The Data collected from cookies is currently used to improve the functionality of our service. The Data on our service is organized and presented based on our analysis of the aggregate usage of our service. Cookies are also useful in allowing more streamlined log-in, tracking of transactions and in preserving Data between sessions.
4.2 - You may disable the cookie feature on your browser without affecting your ability to transact business on our web sites. Cookies do, however, enable many convenience features of our service. Disabling cookies may require more complexity and data entry. You should also be aware that if you do disable cookies you may not be able to use certain features on our web sites.
5. SecurityPirect is concerned with the security of Data collected and has put in place measures to prevent unauthorized access to that Data. Pirect's systems safeguard electronic communications by utilising appropriate security protocols for authentication and authorization. Notwithstanding the above, Pirect shall not in any event be responsible for any breach whatsoever of security or the unauthorised disclosure or use of any such Data.
6. Period of RetentionYour Data will be retained for a period necessary to attain the specified purpose.
(a) to check whether we hold any of your Data,
(b) to have access to your Data held by Pirect,
(c) to request correction of your Data,
(d) to ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the Data and the types of Data held by us,
(e) to disallow access or use of your Data by Pirect, and be informed of action taken in response to any such request. Pirect reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee in relation to the time and attendance involved in complying with any request in this regard.